Greetings fellow CREW-St. Louis members,
What a difference a day in St. Louis weather makes! In between the very hot and really rainy, we were fortunate to have a beautiful day for golf on July 23rd. Check out a recap of the day here. Events such as the 23rd Annual CREW-St. Louis Golf Classic and our members-only August dine-arounds are fantastic networking opportunities.
Part of our mission is also to educate, and we do that through a variety of ways including programs, white papers, mentorship and convention.
Each year, CREW Network organizes three leadership summits that focus on chapter leadership training, professional development and, of course, networking. In June the summit was held in Kansas City. Below are a few tips from Paul Andrews, CMO at Bobit Business Media, who presented “LinkedIn: Learn it Today, Use it Tomorrow:"
- On company profiles, use keywords and links, and tell a story.
- Be consistent with your presence.
- Use up to three hashtags on LinkedIn.
- Don’t forget the voice of the customer.
As members, you can also download materials from the summits. Download Andrews’ full handout from the CREWBiz library. In addition to these resources, President Elect/Delegate Tracy Howren and I came up with a few more to share that you might be interested in that we’ve used or that others have shared with us:
- theSkimm: cleverly written daily email news subscription
- Bisnow: commercial real estate news source that also offers programs in some major cities
- Gimbal: tool to stabilize your smartphone when you’re taking videos
- Audible: an app subscription for audiobooks
- OpenTable: an app and website for making lunch/dinner reservations
- Google Alerts: easy, free way to set up and receive notifications about your company, competitors or a topic
We’d love to hear about your tips or tools that you use that could help others. Please connect and share your ideas with us on social media.
And, don’t forget to register and book your hotel for the ultimate education and networking experience at the CREW Network Convention and Marketplace
on Sept. 15-17 in Orlando, Florida. More than 20 CREW-St. Louis members (including eight scholarship winners) will be attending.
Remember, aspire to do more. See you soon!
Michelle Yates, APR, FSMPS, EDAC
2019 CREW-St. Louis President
Director of Marketing
Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.