Challenging. Unprecedented. You’ve no doubt heard, probably even used, these apt words to describe the impact of COVID-19. Troubling times, indeed, but as the saying goes, “Adversity does not build character, it reveals it.” Our members and leadership have shown such character on many levels.
We have embraced new ways to keep connected. Committees and our board continue to meet regularly through video conferences. Such meetings have been instrumental in planning events and programs that keep all of us moving forward:
• The virtual tour of the City Foundry STL
was an overwhelming success.
• We have started a full slate of Dine Arounds that take place either virtually or even in small gatherings at restaurants.
• Our CREW Conversation Series gives you an opportunity to stay informed on numerous important topics such as lending, office design, legal liability and more.
• While we cancelled this year’s golf tournament, we are moving forward with small golf outings that give members a chance to socialize and network.
• We are holding our 2nd Annual Trivia Night
to benefit CREW Network Foundation. Please join us for this virtual event.
• Our membership committee is hosting virtual “Coffee with CREW” programs the first Friday of every month. It’s a great way for prospective members to start their morning while learning more on how CREW-St. Louis can stimulate their careers.
CREW Network also offers resources to benefit our careers and to further our mission:
• This year’s CREW Network Convention
will be held online from Sept. 15-17. It’s an amazing opportunity to further your knowledge, expand your business network and develop your leadership skills. And it’s available for just $399!
• The CREW Cares Professional Development Series offers experts on topics to build your career and skills.
• The Virtual Conversation Corners allow members to share their stories and experiences.
I do encourage members to remember the personal touch as well. Pick up the phone. If possible, arrange an informal get-together with a fellow member or two. After all, there is no such thing as a cold call in CREW.
We understand the importance of staying apart so we may be together sooner. We look forward to the day when we truly get to the other side. Until then, rest assured, our leadership team continues to look at ways to keep moving forward, to providing benefits and value to our members, to helping us all navigate the challenges today and tomorrow.
2020 CREW-St. Louis President
SVP, Commercial Real Estate
“Engaging people is about meeting their needs, not yours.