2021 Directors and Officers Event: Industry Raises a Toast to CRE Leaders
“Here is to staying positive and testing negative
.” So went one of the many appropriate toasts shared at the 2021 Virtual Commercial Installation of Officers and Directors. Held on Feb. 25, the event, organized and hosted by St. Louis Commercial Realtors, celebrated the 2021 Officers and Directors of St. Louis Commercial Realtors, CCIM St. Louis, CREW-St. Louis and SIOR St. Louis.
While the pandemic required a virtual setting for the first time in the event’s history, planning and care ensured the evening remained just as special. Attendees received an option among three different “swag packages” to enjoy during the event, each including a beverage with which to toast! Representatives from St. Louis Commercial Realtors delivered each swag package with care, including a slip of paper with a unique toast for each attendee. Who says we can’t take time to toast the good and the silly after, dare we say, challenging times? This touch was a breath of fresh air for a virtual celebration – not to mention a good laugh as attendees shared these toasts in breakout rooms after the presentation.
The presentation of Officers and Directors from each organization was brief, but joyful as we celebrated all that those in the commercial real estate industry are doing. Nancy Petersen, our 2021 CREW-St. Louis President announced our Executive Board & Directors:
Nancy Petersen, President (Enterprise Bank and Trust)
Tracy Howren, Immediate Past President (UMB)
Stacey Kamps, President Elect (Koch Development)
Angie Drumm, Delegate (Carmody McDonald)
Mickey Warriner, Treasurer (Jacobs Inc.)
Erin Valentine, Secretary (McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.)
Dawn Humphreys, Director (First American Title)
Alice Benner, Director (Bamboo Equity Partners)
Erin Torney, Director (Colliers International)
Molly Studer, Director (JEMA)
Sharon Henderson, Director (Lawrence Group)
Sarah Luem, Director (Capes Sokol)
Nancy also shared a few highlights and celebrations for the past year:
- We welcomed 28 new members in 2020.
- We championed 15 mentor pairings in our 3rd annual Mentorship Program and look forward to 20 pairings as we move into our 4th year of the program.
- We received a record number of sponsorships that sustained our mission to advance, educate and support women to influence the commercial real estate industry.
- CREW-St. Louis just hosted its 2nd annual CRE 101 workshop, an event geared toward students interested in the Commercial Real Estate industry.
- In all, we networked and educated members with more than 75 programs, Dine-arounds and informal meetings, many virtually and some in small, socially distanced settings.
- And finally, we are keeping our fingers crossed for a return for in-person events as CREW-St. Louis is slated to host a National CREW Network Leadership Summit this summer!
The event gave the industry a much-needed shot in the arm, a celebration of solidarity and optimism. As we forge ahead, CREW-St. Louis applauds the energy of the industry’s outstanding individuals and their achievements in our industry.
Cheers to a great year!