Is it really March? Winter seemed to move slowly but now the pace picks up speed. As the vaccines roll out and the warmer weather sets in, there’s both a shot literally and sunshine figuratively to boost optimism that we are emerging, albeit slowly, from this pandemic.
Our committees continue to show that spirit and demonstrate resilience while working from homes, from offices and in some cases alongside their children immersed in virtual classrooms! In addition to their day jobs, committee members inspire us by working hard to boost CREW-St. Louis into high gear! How so?
- Membership has approved many new members while renewing more than 220 memberships.
- Ambassadors focused on keeping members connected with several virtual Dine-arounds, while planning an Orientation on March 10.
- Sponsorship surpassed expectations by bringing in several new Sponsors for 2021, while keeping many longtime loyal Sponsors in place.
- Our Programs has organized diverse events from an action-packed Speed Networking to a highly educational Tax Update under the new Presidential administration, and March brought a virtual tour of the The District at Chesterfield.
- Our Education and Engagement Committee held a CRE: 101 class for students where they walked through the inception of a development deal through stabilization! They also are working tirelessly to garner support for contributions to CREW Network Foundation, which provides relevant research on women in CRE and so much more.
- Our Golf and Awards Committees are planning their special events, which will occur in July and August, respectively. Fingers crossed that these events allow us to celebrate in person.
- Our newly formed Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee continues to build a platform to better understand our challenges and to open doors in our industry. In April, DEI arranged a joint program with our CREW colleagues in Kansas City. Adrienne Bain, a CREW-St. Louis and CREW Charlotte member and CREW Network Director, will provide insights on The Color of Change. Adrienne will address the issues of access and awareness in our industry.
- And last but not least, our Communications Committee stays busy and focused on spreading the word! Whether they are promoting events or shining the spotlight on new members or our Sponsors, they are constantly on social media, doing press releases, working with the media, and advancing our brand and mission while highlighting the uniqueness of our members.
In February, many members attended a two-day virtual National Leadership Summit. We networked with other chapters and polished up on how to have Crucial and Difficult Conversations. We also identified potential biases in us as we went through DEI training.
Our officers joined other St. Louis CRE organizations
and were officially “sworn in” as the 2021 Leadership team for our chapter. We networked with members from CCIM, SIOR and St. Louis Association of Realtors.
Please take a moment and update your CREWBiz Profile. After reading all the accomplishments of our committees, I also encourage you to get involved by joining one or two. And always remember to send us your Good News!
Stay healthy. Stay hopeful. Stay resilient
2021 CREW St. Louis President
SVP – Commercial Real Estate
Enterprise Bank and Trust
I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.