Hello CREW-St. Louis Members!
I hope this newsletter finds you doing well and enjoying the last few days of summer! I had a wonderful summer of great travel, fun times and, of course, hard work. However, just like some of you, I am thrilled to see the kids go back to school and settle into a more consistent routine!
Our Chapter continued its rich summer tradition of Dine-arounds during two weeks in July. Almost 120 members networked at a variety of breakfasts, lunches and happy hours throughout the St. Louis area. I enjoyed hosting a breakfast where I met several members that I had not had the opportunity of networking with yet. It was the highlight of my day as this group of women rallied together to convince a member to go on a much-needed solo vacation. She had been on the fence but did take the advice to go! Afterwards, she sent us an update about her getaway adventure and we were jealous of how much fun she had. It also served as a reminder of the power of our CREW as a network that supports and encourages each of us both professionally and personally.
Shortly after our summer Dine-around season, the Chapter held its largest Golf Classic ever with 59 teams playing on both courses at Norwood Hills Country Club, along with record attendance during the Happy Hour! Our amazing Golf Committee volunteers didn’t miss a beat in delivering a well-planned and fun event!
We also held our Annual Business Meeting in early August where the Chapter approved both the 2023 Slate and the proposed amendments to our Bylaws. The incoming 2023 Executive and Advisory Boards are a strong group of CREW-St. Louis leaders who are dedicated to our mission to advance, educate and support women to influence the commercial real estate industry. Angie Drumm, Principal at Carmody MacDonald, will lead this group as our 2023 CREW-St. Louis President!
I provided an update on our Strategic Plan during the Annual Business Meeting. As you know, our three strategic priorities over the next several years are:
- Enhance the quality of member experiences.
- Refresh and refine our operations.
- Integrate diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging into our culture.
I am pleased to report that our Executive and Advisory Board Members have acted on all three strategic priorities and have accomplished several items thus far including:
• We established authority parameters to empower our committees so they do not need to go to the Executive Board for every decision. This also frees up our Executive Board to use our meetings for more strategic discussions.
• We are getting better at sending Save the Dates in advance so we can get on everyone’s calendars before they are already booked.
• We are actively reaching out to members to complete their demographic data.
• We are documenting our processes to improve the efficiency of our transition efforts each year.
• We completed an RFP process to transition our local administrative services from Integrity to NSC.
Thank you to everyone involved in these efforts to improve our Chapter!
You can sign up for several great upcoming events
. These include a Hoffmann Development Winery Tour on Sept. 8 and our Annual Holiday Party at the Anheuser-Busch Biergarten on Dec. 13.
I also want to give a special shout out to three huge events opened for both members and non-members that you don’t want to miss!
- The Fourth Annual CREW-St. Louis Trivia Night will be held on Saturday, Sept. 17, at M1 Bank in Clayton. Net proceeds will benefit our CREW Network Foundation, which works to bring more women into commercial real estate through programs such as CREW Careers and UCREW that educate women and girls about the career opportunities in the industry.
- A spectacular party is planned at The Coronado to celebrate our 40th Anniversary on Oct.12! The theme of this event is Together We Rise and will include a Ruby Raffle, an 18-piece Jazz band and fantastic giveaways. And, if you like, feel free to dress in 40’s inspired evening attire!
- Our Nov. 9 program features Julie Brown, a national speaker and author of This Sh!t Works. You don’t want to miss this lively presentation!
WOW! I can’t wait to see you at these upcoming events. And I also can’t wait to join 37 (and counting) of our St. Louis members at the CREW Network Convention in Chicago from Sept. 21-23! Please consider joining us for this engaging three days of global networking just a few hours from St. Louis!
I thank all of you for your engagement in our Chapter. Your involvement and dedication to our mission make all the difference in our continued success!
CREW-St. Louis 2022 President
Koch Development, Chief Executive Officer