Virtual Holiday Party Brings Cheer
2020 brought many of us challenges and opportunities to grow, and we’ve all used the phrase “abundance of caution” more than we can count. Our 2020 Holiday Party provided an opportunity to connect and to celebrate some of the positives in 2020. A few of these celebrations for CREW-St. Louis included:
- We welcomed 28 new members in 2020.
- We championed 15 mentor pairings in our 3rd annual Mentorship Program.
- We received a record number of sponsorships that helped advance our mission to advance, educate and support women to influence the commercial real estate industry.
- CREW National’s first-ever virtual convention was a success, and 28 CREW-St. Louis members were able to participate.
- We raised more than $4,600 for CREW Network Foundation with our Second Annual Trivia Night.
- In all, we networked and educated members with more than 75 programs, Dine-arounds and informal meetings, many virtually and some in small, socially distanced settings.
Our Programs Committee performed admirably in overcoming the obstacles of 2020, and our holiday party was no exception! Before more than 100 members connected online, the committee coordinated delivery of snacks and wine samples for members to enjoy. While we snacked on some yummy treats from Cyrano’s, Sara Schumacher from A. Bommarito Wines walked us through a variety of five wines from varying vineyards. Her selections included Pinot Gris, Rose, Schiava, Red Blend and a Moscato, a few of which come from vineyards owned and operated by women. After learning about the wonderful wine selections, Sara took questions from the group on pairings and the process to become a certified sommelier. Safe to say we learned a lot, and many of us were better equipped to make pairings of our own over the holidays.
Our wine sampling continued as we split into virtual breakout rooms, giving our members a chance to connect with others in a small group setting. Between these networking sessions, prizes were awarded by Working Spaces / Kimball and Castle Contracting. For all the challenges that 2020 brought, members agree that the ability to network in small groups via Zoom has been a great way to stay connected:
“My favorite part of the CREW Holiday Party, other than the wine tasting, was the great conversations in the breakout/networking sessions,” says Lisa Mohle. “This was another reminder of what amazing people make up this organization.”
“CREW-St. Louis really made the virtual holiday party feel special with the delivery of delicious treats from Cyrano’s paired beautifully with a variety of wines,” adds Jen Nevil. “The small group networking breakouts were a highlight of the evening. It is a treat to celebrate with this talented collection of individuals spanning so many facets of the industry!”
Thank you to our CREW-St. Louis Executive Board, Advisory Board and members for making the most of a challenging year. We look forward to the fresh start a new year brings, along with the opportunity to continue celebrating our community.